School Visits from Autumn 2020
Explorer Dome is Ready!
We are taking bookings and are planning carefully with schools to keep our visits safe and sensible. Please be assured that we will always follow official guidance from both Government and the NHS to minimise the spread of Covid-19 and protect the welfare of our staff and our audiences. For specific information please see our revised risk assessment and we continue to keep a keen eye on the relevant documents such as those for implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings and working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Our presenters monitor their personal health for symptoms of Covid-19, self-isolate when required and follow the NHS Test & Trace programme
- When delivering physical visits we will wear appropriate PPE, practice enhanced hygiene and maintain appropriate distancing from our hosts and audiences.
We will always follow official guidance from both Government and the NHS to minimise the spread of Covid-19 and protect the welfare of our staff and our audiences.
What can Explorer Dome currently offer?
All of our shows are currently available and we will work with you to find the best way to deliver them safely:
- Shows inside Explorer Dome. We know our domes have excellent ventilation and air circulation due to their high powered fan and entrance tunnel system so we are confident that being in the dome itself poses no increased risk for class 'bubbles' that already work together. With additional measures such as suitable distancing between staff and visitors, extra time for a thorough clean of the dome between sessions and use of PPE where appropriate, we will be happy to work with your procedures and staff, to bring Explorer Dome safely to your venue.
- Non-dome shows if we can visit you, but you’d rather not be inside the dome, then we have a range of chemistry shows available that use fantastic demonstrations and interactive elements that respect social distancing. We will also have assembly-style, non-dome alternatives to many of our other shows, which allow for social distancing but still deliver safe, inspiring and interactive science engagement for your school.
- On-line delivery of science shows and workshops where travel and physical visits are not advisable, we are adapting our shows for delivery via Zoom or MS Teams to produce a safe, immersive and interactive experience to be delivered remotely for schools.
We do not ask for a deposit and are happy to organise a booking for you with no obligation if your future situation is unclear. We will contact you prior to your visit to finalise logistics and confirm booking arrangements. In the event that local lockdowns prevent a physical visit then you can either re-schedule the visit at no further cost, or we can offer online delivery for you at a reduced cost.
Most importantly, please do feel free to talk through your particular situation, concerns and aspirations for a STEM education visit with us. Feel free to contact us on 0117 914 1526 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben and the Explorer Dome team
Founder & Director
Founder & Director