School Visits from Autumn 2021
Explorer Dome is Ready!
UK Covid restrictions are relaxing, but Explorer Dome remains cautious and we will work with you to find the best solution, comply with your risk assessments and keep science enrichment alive and well. Explorer Dome has been working throughout the pandemic with online shows during lockdown and adapted shows in schools when possible, so we are well prepared to visit you. We do everything we can to ensure that visits can take place safely and sensibly. Please be assured that we will always follow official guidance from both Government and the NHS to protect the welfare of our staff and our audiences:
- Our presenters monitor their personal health, take regular lateral flow tests, do not work when feeling unwell, self-isolate when required and follow the NHS Test & Trace programme. We actively encourage our presenters to receive their Covid vaccines and any potential future boosters at the earliest opportunity.
- When delivering physical visits, we will continue to practice enhanced hygiene and maintain appropriate distancing from our hosts and audiences. Given current guidelines, we prefer not to wear face coverings when presenting, but are happy to do so if requested and when moving around site
- Explorer Dome’s planetarium domes are well-ventilated spaces, inflated by a high-velocity floor far which remains on throughout the show and which can be positioned near open doors/windows as appropriate for fresh air; the audience sits on the venue’s own floor which can be cleaned with anti-viral disinfectant between shows.
- For specific information please see our revised risk assessment
We will always follow official guidance from both Government and the NHS to minimise the spread of Covid-19 and protect the welfare of our staff and our audiences.
What can Explorer Dome currently offer?
We’re aware that the UK’s situation may change and we have alternative options in the event that a physical dome visit is not appropriate. All of our shows are currently available and we will work with you to find the best way to deliver them safely:
- Shows inside Explorer Dome. We know our domes have excellent ventilation and air circulation due to their high powered fan and entrance tunnel system so we are confident that being in the dome itself poses no increased risk for class 'bubbles' that already work together. With additional measures such as suitable distancing between staff and visitors, extra time for a thorough clean of the dome between sessions and use of PPE where appropriate, we will be happy to work with your procedures and staff, to bring Explorer Dome safely to your venue.
- Non-dome shows if we can visit you, but you’d rather not be inside the dome, then we have a range of chemistry shows available that use fantastic demonstrations and interactive elements that respect social distancing. We will also have assembly-style, non-dome alternatives to many of our other shows, which allow for social distancing but still deliver safe, inspiring and interactive science engagement for your school.
- Live, on-line delivery of science shows and workshops where travel and physical visits are not advisable, we are adapting our shows for delivery via Zoom or MS Teams to produce a safe, immersive and interactive experience to be delivered remotely for schools.
We do not ask for a deposit and are happy to organise a booking for you with no obligation if your future situation is unclear. We will contact you prior to your visit to finalise logistics and confirm booking arrangements. In the event that local lockdowns prevent a physical visit then you can either re-schedule the visit at no further cost, or we can offer online delivery for you at a reduced cost.
Most importantly, please do feel free to talk through your particular situation, concerns and aspirations for a STEM education visit with us. Feel free to contact us on 0117 914 1526 or email@example.com
Ben and the Explorer Dome team
Founder & Director
Founder & Director